This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") describes how Grand Companions Sdn. Bhd. uses your Personal Data. For purposes of this Notice, "The Company" means Grand Companions Sdn. Bhd. which operates The Tony Roma’s Malaysia restaurants and catering businesses.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. The Company shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the respective company or restaurant website("Website"). By continuing to communicate with the Company or by continuing to use the Company's services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- "Personal Data" means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, contact number, email address, date of birth, state of residence, credit card or payment details, banking information, information provided on any suggestion cards, customer survey forms or similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time.
- The provision of certain Personal Data such as name and credit card or payment details may be mandatory in certain circumstances, such as when you make a reservation to dine, for purposes of making payments for dining at one of the Company's restaurants or when you place an order for catering. If you do not provide the Company with your Personal Data, the Company will not be able to record your reservation, process your order for dining or catering or process payment made with your credit card, and will therefore result in you being unable to make a reservation to dine at the Company's restaurants, place an order for catering, or to make payment with a credit card. Provision of your Personal Data for the purposes of participating in contests or promotions or offers is voluntary however failure to provide your Personal Data for such purposes may result in you not being able to participate in contests or enjoy the benefits of any promotions or offers.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary when you submit your reviews, suggestions, comments or opinions in any suggestion or comment cards, when you complete a customer survey form, when you provide feedback or enquiry, or when using the Website.
Purposes of Processing
- The Company may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation:-
- to process your reservation to dine at any of the Company's restaurants;
- to communicate with you regarding your reservation;
- to provide you the goods and services you have requested;
- for purposes of billing and payments relating to your dining at the Company's restaurants, and for any goods and services you have purchased or requested;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to provide you with a better and more personalised level of service and to personalise content, promotions and offers which may be of interest to you;
- to process your application/registration when you participate in any contests, promotions or events;
- for the Company's internal administrative purposes including auditing, accounting, data analysis, and to improve our services;
- for the Company to comply with regulatory requirements and obligations under law whether within or outside of Malaysia.
and you agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
- Unless you have indicated otherwise, the Company may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as to send you updates and news on the latest services offered by the Company, promotions and events which may be of interest to you, by way of post, short message service (SMS), telephone call, email and/or by social media platforms.
- If you do not consent to the Company processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 6 please notify the Company using the contact details stated in Section 11 below or click the unsubscribe function provided in the marketing and promotional material sent to you.
Transfer of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, in the following circumstances:-
- where data storage facility is located outside of Malaysia;
- where the Company's servers or back-up servers are located outside of Malaysia.
You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes outlined in Section 5 above. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on the Company's behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section 9 include (without limitation):-
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors and financial advisors;
- Other entities and divisions within the Company such as the finance and accounts division; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 6 above and/or make any inquiries or complaints regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
Grand Companions Sdn Bhd
- For data access and data correction requests, you must make the request in writing, detailing the personal data you are requesting. We may charge a fee of RM10 for data access requests, with a copy.
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, the Company has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person's privacy.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors
- The Company does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to the Company. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to the Company, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor's Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Acknowledgement and Consent
- By communicating with the Company or by using the Company's services you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by the Company as described in this Notice.